Last week, we read about how God likes faith, because He is a faith God. Everything He does is in faith! We saw how Abraham just believed God when He said, “you are the father of many nations” and changed his name from Abram to Abraham.
You know Abraham had to have “hope” and to “expect” first that he could become the father of many nations for his faith to receive the promise.
Hebrews 11:1- Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Let me read this verse in a few other translations –
- Trusting is being confident of what we hope for, convinced about the things we don t see. (CJB)
- Now faith brings our hopes into reality and becomes the foundation needed to acquire the things we long for (hope for). It is all the evidence required to prove what is still unseen.
- Now faith is the assurance (the confirmation, the title deed) of the things [we] hope for, being the proof of the things [we] do not see and the conviction of their reality [faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses] (the natural world). AMPC
Here’s what Jesus says about faith –
- Faith can be said and heard
- Faith can be seen
- You can “have” faith in God
- Faith can be increased
- Faith can make you well
So Jesus answered and said to them, “Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ it will be done.
When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the paralytic, “Son, your sins are forgiven you.”
So Jesus answered and said to them, “Have faith in God.
And the apostles said to the Lord, “Increase our faith.”
And He said to him, “Arise, go your way. Your faith has made you well.”
But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness,
This is such good news. In the verse above, we are being told that faith is accounted to us simply by believing, not working or doing something for our righteousness. Remember, faith is simply seeing things from God’s perspective and God sees it already done through Christ and His finished work on the cross. Believe His Word today!
Remember, you are Loved, you are Righteous, and you are His!