Hello everyone, I pray that you have been working with the Holy Spirit this past week while renewing/renovating your minds!
Last week I talked about Ephesians 4:23 regarding us renewing (renovating) our minds. This week I want us to move right into the next verse.
Ephesians 4:24 – and that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness
I want to break down some of the words and phrases of this verse to give us more illumination of what this really means:
- The phrase, “that you put on” speaks of one to sink into clothing, put on or to clothe one’s self in the sense of sinking into a garment.
- “the new” means recently made, fresh unworn, unused, of a new kind, new (especially in freshness)
- “after” means according to, with which it is joined, (concerning, pertaining to touching)
- “is created” to make habitable, to create, to form to completely change or transform., (through the idea of proprietorship of the manufacturer
- “righteousness” a state of him who is as he ought to be, righteousness, the condition acceptable to God.
- “true”, verity, truth, what is true in any matter under consideration, the true nature of God.
- “holiness” piety toward God, holiness.
I know that was a lot of definitions, but from these original Greek words this verse is telling to:
On the inside, the born-again spirit part of you is created after the image of God as this verse declares. Ask the Holy Spirit today how you can put on this new man that is like our Heavenly Father and He will show you how to apply this truth to your life that you are living today.
He has done great and wonderful things in us through the new birth and the finished work of Jesus through the cross! Let this word make a difference in you as you meditate and think on this during the week.
You are Loved, you are Righteous, you are His!