We are going to read out of the book of Ephesians, this book to me is one of the most powerful books in the New Testament because it’s a revealing of what God has given us; of who He is and who we are. Paul begins to pray for the truth that’s already in our born-again spirits to be revealed or uncovered to our hearts, so that we may know…. something.
Ephesians 1:17 – 22
that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him,
18 the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints,
19 and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power
There is a reason that He is giving us the Spirit of Wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him and the eyes of our understanding are being enlightened. But, why? So that you may know what? Three key things He wants us to know….
- What is the hope of His calling?
- What are the riches of the glory of His Inheritance in the saints. (that’s you and me)
- What is the exceeding greatness of His power towards us who believe, according to the working of His might power?
- His invitation, to feast, to come to His table to be fed and nourished by Him
- What is given as ones possession, the share that we will have (heirship) (eternal blessedness). What is a saint = a most holy thing?
- Miraculous power, ability, abundance, power, strength
20 which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, 21 far above all principality[b] and [c]power and [d]might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come.
22 And He put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be head over all things to the church,
I don’t know about you, but I want to know these things by revelation of the Spirit and He has promised to reveal these truths to us as we acknowledge Him in our lives.
Remember, you are Loved, you are Righteous, and your are His!